Unsurpassed for nearly two decades, the new Half/Pack continues to redefine front loader performance with the evolution of features like our patented clamp-on arms, John Deere cylinders, and the latest in electronic controls and on-board diagnostics. Combined with our renowned interlaced sub frame, high-tensile steel construction, and Shur-Lock™ tailgate locks, you can be sure you've got the most productive, durable, safe and easy to maintain front loader available. All backed by Heil's worldwide network of distributors and service centers, the industry's first manufacturer-based training center and our mobile training centers to help you keep your equipment operating at its peak. Not to mention, Heil's century-old heritage of industry leadership and commitment to customer satisfaction. State-of-the-Art Manufacturing.
Advanced robotic welding ensures that key Heil components like the Half/Pack's 8,000 lb rated arms and the reinforced tail-gate fit more precisely, look better and offer greater consistency from part to part, unit to unit.
Making Your Life Easier.
Our patented clamp-on arms allow quicker and easier replacement of damaged arms compared to traditional weld-on, or bolt-on arms. Plus, we do our best to prevent damage in the first place by using only high tensile steels in the construction of our famous interlaced sub frame and double-walled hopper sides.
With more than a century of refuse manufacturing leadership, you can be sure we know how to make trucks that make your life easier. Quality is in the Details. Little things can make all the difference when it comes to keeping your equipment on the route day after day. That's why Heil uses oxidation resistant gold-tipped connectors in all critical electrical equipment. In fact, our proximity switches are the highest quality available, exceeding even military specifications. Additionally, new John Deere cushioned arm cylinders prevent system shocks and help the arms function more smoothly and quietly. Also, the hydraulic system is protected by industry leading 3-micron filtration.
Half/Pack... The Best keeps Getting Better!!
- New curved top door helps prevent loose debris from escaping by better sealing off the hopper opening.
- Radius of top door better conforms to body, which allows it to ride on 4 inch lower tracks.
- 32 gallon, dual door hopper sump is standard and larger than previous optional hopper sump.
- Non-inverted cab shield doesn’t catch trash.
- Single piece, 8 ga 80,000 PSI minimum yield upper hopper side panels. Note –Upper brace on new version of the Half/Pack is formed structure for added strength, not a piece of channel.
- Cleaner arm cylinder hydraulics. Note –Hoses routed under rather than over cylinder.
- Cleaner valve assembly hydraulics. Note –Less spaghetti, cleaner routing.
- Non-inverted cab shield allows for larger front head screen closure. New Half/Pack is 51" x 79 " as the old Half/Pack design was 39" x 79".
- Cross members are 6" x 3" (17.25" centers in high compaction zone and 21.5" centers in low compaction zone) on new, and were 5" x 4" (approx 15" centers) on the previous model. Cross members are full width and capped by angle.
- Slight change to tailgate prop mechanism. New rest is in a pocket rather than on a pin.